As we have been discussing this earlier necessity of Interoperability arises in various cases such as
- Reuse of existing systems
- Proof of concepts
- To maintain lower project costs by using existing legacy apps.
Considering above key points, lets check out some of the important aspects related to .NET and Java Interoperability.
While referring to various web sites for practical options available in .NET and Java Interoperability, I came across some info given on code project written by Guy Balteriski. This article talks in depth about various aspects related to .NET and Java Interoperability such as
- Part I: Introduction to Java & .NET interoperability and the suggested solution
- Part II: Implement .NET proxy to the Java classes
- Part III: Using Attributes to extend the Java API solution
- Part IV: Java to .NET API calls
- Part V: Implement Java proxy to the .NET classes
- Part VI: Adding Annotations to extend the .NET API solution
A must see website on this topic is jnbridge.
This MSDN example shows Java/.NET Interoperability with the Microsoft.com Web Service.
Overall with this frameworks and other options a true blend of interoperability can be achieved between Java and .NET for delivering real time problem scenarios.
Hope this helps !